Occasionally, there is an opening on the Polk County Humane Society (PCHS) Board of Directors for a new member who wants to volunteer time and effort to the cause. If you are interested, please review the board member expectations below and complete the application below.
Board Member Commitments:
1. I will represent PCHS's work and values to the community and promote the organization.
2. I will attend at least 75% of board meetings (held monthly at 6 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month) and special events.
3. I will maintain membership and contribute to PCHS at a personal financial contribution level that is meaningful to me. Annual memberships are from $25 - $50.
4. I will actively participate in one or more fundraising activities.
5. I will act in the best interests of PCHS and excuse myself from discussions and votes where I have a conflict of interest.
6. I will take seriously the legal responsibilities of serving on the PCHS Board of Directors, including and especially the fiduciary role.
7. I will stay informed about what’s going on in the organization. I will ask questions and request information. I will participate in and take responsibility for making decisions on issues, policies and other board matters.
8. I will work in good faith with staff and other board members as partners towards achieving our goals, treating the staff and other board members with professionalism and respect.
Complete the Board Member Application below or, if you prefer, click here to print the application to complete offline.